Monday, May 17, 2010

What I had to do to get ready

I will be traveling to Mampong-Ashanti, Ghana, Africa, for a three week intensive music program studying drumming and Dance. I will be traveling with music students from Umass Dartmouth, professor Royal Hartigan and the African Dance instructor Kwabena Boateng.
To prepare for this trip I went to a medical center to get the recommended vaccinations for a trip to Ghana. Hepatitus A, Hepatitus B, Polio, Typhoid, Tdap(Tetanus, Dpitheria, Whooping Cough(pertussis), Yellow Fever was mandatory. To visit Ghana one needs a visa. This is application is like asking the government for permission to visit. I corresponded with The Embassy of Ghana, 3512 International Dr. , Washington, D.C. 20008. The website for the embassy has interesting information http://www.ghana-embassy.org/. I am flying on Delta airlines,Wednesday May 26, from Boston departing, 10:15 arrive NY 11:33 Am for a connecting flight to Accra, Ghana departing 4:45 PM then arriving Accra Thursday at 7:40 AM. in preparation for the trip I am shopping for lightweight clothes and special medicines that I will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment