Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Today I heard about drums for sale from my newest friend from Ghana, Koblavi.
I met him last week at the Zeiterion theatre in New Bedford, MA, USA. He was performing authentic dance and percussion with the UMASS Dartmouth African Drumming and Dance Group led by Kwebana and Royal Hartigan.
He is presently a student at Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA, USA. Since I will be travleing to Ghana on May 26 with a group to study dance and drumming and purchase drums for my classroom he recommended http://universaldrums.com/. I have contacted them to make an appointment to see the drums.
I will be staying at the Video City Hotel in Mampong town, Ashante Region, Ghana, West Africa. One of the members of the trip is from Ghana. He is an amazing dancer and teacher. His name is Kwabena. The hotal number - 011 233 561 22676 - was given to me but it was mentioned that that was the number they used last year. I don't know if that is still correct. I tried researching the hotel in the Ghana Yellow pages and couldn't find the listing. http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/telephone_directory/drilldownlistings.php?tlink=home&nxTen=7&Page=80&Catname=17&ec1=2&lc=345&name=

No comments:

Post a Comment